Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Over Budget!

My dad visited for four days (he left today) and Russ and I are over budget this week by over $100. And it's only Tuesday. I found it very difficult to stay on budget with guests visiting. I wanted to pay for things and make things comfortable and not have my dad have any worries while here. I would have been further in the hole if my dad hadn't insisted on paying for dinner last night.
I tried to stay on top of the money situation, but I also made the mistake of going to Target. I really want a blender. Russ wants a new four cup programmable coffee pot. Both items are basics we've never bought before that we would use and get our money's worth. So I think we'll buy them. I can see the start of the Compact getting further and further away. I was good last night in that I went on Sephora online and proceeded to put $82 worth of stuff into my basket, got all the way to the credit card entry area and came to my senses and turned it off. I struggle with what's being cheap, and what's being frugal? If I buy items for myself that make me feel good about myself ie. Touche Eclat which I love, from Sephora am I being a spend thrift? Or if I don't buy them should I be pleased that I am so frugal, or am I just not only cheap but spotty and dark circled as well? This is why the frugal life has appealed to me, but I can't seem to get on board full with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment